Small Leaps

Monday, September 04, 2006

Two Scarves....

...just in time to show off in the early spring sunshine.

admittedly the pale blue one (Branching Out, from Knitty) isn't done yet, but I am so close. I am hoping that the lace pattern will open up when I block it, as it isn't really visible at the moment.


The green and pink one is woven on a little weavette with my first handspuns. I like it, because I can look at it and see how I have improved. Guess the order in which I spun them :);

And to give you an idea of length, here is a pic of it drying on the sun lounger (it was the longest thing I could find.

Details:

Size: 72" X 5"- long enough to wrap around my neck a couple of times.
Materials: Handspun Corriedale in green and pink, with a little Optim Tops given to me by a really nice guy at a Spinners and Weavers open day.
Variegated pink to white cotton to do the actual weaving.

It's made up of 15 squares, and I used the cotton to weave with because when I tried weaving with the pink handpsun, it was too weak and kept breaking. I am not sure if the green could have held up, but I think it looks better when the two colour have something to tie them together.


After I have finished Branching Out, I think I might try a summer knitting project...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home